Ferry services to the Island of Ireland
The principal Ferry Companies currently serving the Republic of Ireland Ports and offering passenger services are:
- Irish Ferries,
- Stena Line,
- Brittany Ferries,
The year-round services carry a mix of freight and passenger traffic, and passenger accommodation can be constrained by freight demand on specific sailings. Seasonal services are mainly passenger-focused.
Passenger accommodation and services on board vessels vary from being 3-4 stars on Ro-Pax vessels to 4-5 stars on Cruise Ferries.
Ro-Pax vessels typically have passenger accommodation for 500 – 800, while Cruise Ferries have larger passenger and their vehicle capacities.
Ferries into Dublin, Ireland from Uk and EU Ports
Irish Ferries into Dublin from Holyhead
- Cruise Ferry “Ulysses”, 14 sailings weekly.
- Ro-Pax “Epsilon”, 11 sailings weekly.
- Fast Ferry “Dublin Swift”, Seasonal, 14 sailings weekly.
Holyhead to Dublin with Stena Line
- Cruise Ferry “Stena Adventurer” 14 sailings weekly.
- Cruise Ferry “Stena Estrid”, 14 sailings weekly.
Irish Ferries into Dublin from Cherbourg
- Cruise Ferry, “W. B. Yeats”, seven sailings per fortnight, in Summer, three times weekly in Winter.
Ferries to Rosslare Europort, Ireland from UK and EU Ports.
Irish Ferries from Pembroke into Rosslare.
- Cruise Ferry, “Blue Star 1”, 14 sailings weekly.
Stena Line into Rosslare from Fishguard
- Cruise Ferry, “Stena Europe”, 14 sailings weekly.
Brittany Ferries from France
- Cruise Ferry “Pont Aven” from Roscoff to Ringaskiddy, seasonal, weekly.
- Cruise Ferry, “Armorique” from Roscoff to Ringaskiddy, seasonal, weekly.
- Cruise Ferry “Galicia”, from Cherbourg to Rosslare, weekly.
- Ro-Pax, “Cotentin” from Le Havre to Rosslare, weekly.
Stena Line into Rosslare from Cherbourg.
- Ro-Pax, “Stena Horizon”, 3 sailings weekly.
- Cruise ferry, “Stena Vision”, 3 sailings weekly from June 1st.
DFDS into Rosslare from Dunkirk
- Currently passenger services on this route are operated by Ro-Pax, ”Regina Seaways”, three times weekly.
- New schedule and vessel expected shortly.
Brittany Ferries into Rosslare from Bilbao
- Cruise Ferry “Galicia”, two sailings weekly.
Passenger Ferry to Cork from UK or EU Ports
Brittany Ferries is the only passenger ferry to the port of Cork from Mainlaind EU ports. a Roscoff to Cork serive operates in Summer
- 2 Sailingas a Week aboard Pont-Aven
- Cabins, Entertainments, leisure area and a sailing time of about 15 hours with overnight departures.
There are ferry ports of Carne and Belfast Loughin Northern Ireland to Liverpool and Scotland.
The information is correct at time of print in January 2023 and we ask the ferry companies to advise us on any changes to Ships or routes.